Monday, August 3, 2015

Welcome to CAL!


Today was my first day at my new school. 

I will be honest. I was/am nervous. I miss my "normal". I miss knowing everyone as I walk down the hallway. I miss my teacher friends. I miss feeling like I am home. BUT...Today was a great day!  I am having a hard time putting it in words. Christian Academy of Louisville is a place that can't be explained. Over the past months, I have had the privilege of meeting several different teachers and leaders and I knew then something was different. 

With only a public school teaching background (and NEVER teaching 6th grade), I really didn't know what to expect when it came to teaching in a Christian School System (btw CAL is the largest in the USA). I was overwhelmed. Today, we spent the morning in God's word. I was prayed for, asked to lay my fears down, given verses, and taught what it means to teach at Christian Academy of Louisville. 

What did I come away with? The people at CAL are not only labeling themselves as a Christian school but they truly live it. They urge it and have it in all conversations.  They want my character to display Christ, they want my lessons to have Biblical integration, they want me to share God's word with my students, and pray with them. 

 I left today with a peace. It truly is a blessing to be starting a new journey at CAL. Pray for me as I start teaching 6th grade. I am finding joy with the "older kids"! 

And if you every find yourself living in Louisville, check out Christian Academy of Louisville. 


http://caschools.us/es
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment