Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wrapping Up Summer

I wrote this post WAY OVER a month ago but recently got a new camera (ok, it was for my birthday, but I am saying recently because time has slipped away from me) and have been waiting to get a USB cord so I could upload pictures. Of course, I totally forgot to post this, so it has just been hanging out in my draft section..
I can't believe summer has almost come to an end. I am trying to stretch it out as long as possible. My classroom is 99% ready so I have spent these last few days soaking up everything. I start back to school Tuesday and the kiddos come back on the 19th. I can't wait to share pictures of my classroom with you. 
I always knew I wanted to be a teacher but if I ever doubted it then this summer made up for that. SUMMER IS AMAZING. It is totally worth being with kids every day for 9 months. I have enjoyed every ounce of my break. At first I had no desire to start school but as it gets closer I find myself longing for a schedule and getting organized. 
I wish I could say that I spent my summer days doing amazing things but I truly didn't. I just enjoyed being at home everyday and not having something to do or somewhere to be.
We were able to have a beach trip this year. Our friends, the Tims, invited us down to stay with them a few days for July 4th. The weather was nasty (it has rained everyday in Mobile the month of July) but it was so nice to be at the beach. I agree with whoever says, a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at home. 








We were on the boat, for most of our trip, so I didn't get to take many pictures! I am still new at the whole "picture taking thing" so bare with me:)

I was also able to help Adam with KidsWay Kamp. This is a camp, that our children's ministry created, for kids who are kindergarten-third grade. We had a fantastic weekend learning about the super heroes of the Bible.





The summer also contains my birthday! I was treated so well. I have the best husband and family in the world. 

My mom treated Adam and I to dinner at Big Daddy's Grill. If you are ever in the Fairhope area then you MUST try this restaurant. It is a classic. 


Ms. Shannon always makes sure I have my favorite Pollman's snacks, on my birthday!
 I lover her for that. 




I loved every minute of my break! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment