Thursday, May 9, 2013

Maw's Chicken and Rice

Tonight I am making/made the easiest chicken and rice recipe ever known. It just has to be.  I have made it once before and it was extremely easy, I just knew it couldn't be good but no worries it is very good. 

 My grandmother always makes the best and, of course, when I asked for her recipe she said that she doesn't use a recipe, she just "makes it". What kind of answer is that for this newlywed who needs a recipe?  My Maw doesn't measure anything and just uses whatever she has in the pantry to make delicious home cooked meals. At some point I hope I will be that good of a cook but just not yet. So..I took what she told me she normally does and made it into some kind of organized recipe. This is what I got and it was no where near complicated.

Ingredients

Chicken Breast (they usually come in a package of three so I just use one package)
2 cups of rice
1 large can of cream of chicken or two small cans
Salt 
Pepper

...Told you it was the easiest ever.

Preparation

First, boil your water and add your chicken breast. After the chicken has cooked, take it out of the water and cut the chicken in to small pieces. Do not drain your chicken, you want to use the boiling water. Pour the rice, cream of chicken, and chicken breast back into the pot of boiling water. Stir and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes after cooking. Add salt and pepper as desired. 



It make a huge pot. Perfect for lunch the next day.



I hope you enjoy this recipe! You can thank this sweet lady..






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment