Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas 2013 Part 2

Christmas Eve

We started participating in Carpe Diem's Santa Run last year with the Tims family. Carpe is our favorite coffee shop in Mobile. We declared the Santa Run a Tims/Tait tradition so this year was no different.







After the Santa Run we visited Pollman's, my favorite bakery, to get a Christmas cookie. They are DELICIOUS. 



Our good friend, John, joined us for the Christmas Eve Service at DWBC. I LOVE our service on Christmas Eve. It is something I look forward to every year. 
It was also wonderful to have John with us. 



After the service, we go to Adam's parents house. We always have fun at their house and you can bank on laughing the whole time you are there! 





I LOVE Ms. Shannon's Christmas tree. It is filled with history, milestones, and FUN! 



Christmas Day
This year we decided to stay in Mobile on Christmas Eve night and I am so glad. We both enjoyed waking up at our house on Christmas morning. I made a breakfast casserole and we went back to my in-laws house to enjoy it and them on Christmas morning! 

After breakfast, (the car already packed) we headed to Toxey. I could not wait to get there. I know I only live about 2 hours away but I seem to miss my hometown more and more. 



The whole time we were there the house was filled with family and friends, complete Christmas joy.


I was so glad to see my MOM! 


Santa stopped by Toxey! 




 I am thankful for another Christmas with my sweet grandmother. She is one of the strongest women I know. The Christmas season is hard for her. She celebrates my Grandfather's birthday, who she misses with every breath, a few days after Christmas and the anniversary of the death of my Uncle Dexter just two days after that. 


Mom's Christmas decor!









Mam and her girls.
 They love their Mammie and she can't get enough of them either! 


The day after Christmas we celebrated even more! My extended family came to have dinner and exchange gifts. Here are the girls showing off a few things they opened. 






The Tims also visit Toxey during the holidays. The boys always try to channel their "inner hunter" but it NEVER seems to work. Poor Fisher just wants to kill a deer but has no luck when the other two are with him! 



We also visited one of my favorite little towns, Philadelphia, Mississippi. Adam, Mom, Yvonne, and I headed over there the Monday after Christmas to shop around their downtown area. They really have the neatest stores. We also visit the Williams Brothers General Store. It's a tradition that we bring my Grandmother back bacon and cheese, she says it's better from the general store! 




I can't believe our 2nd Christmas, as a family, is over. Time is flying by. Adam and I have loved being with our family and friends during the holidays. Work is knocking on the door and I don't even want to think about it. For now though, Merry Christmas from our little family.
We hope you had the happiest of holidays!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment